In an age where everyone seems to be relying on emails, sometimes you may have to personally hand it out. The white or brown drab look of the envelope especially when handing out your wedding invitation or even handing in your resume or money to your crush can be unappealing. As a creative, you may want to spice your first impression by designing a fabric envelope. Your bits of Ankara that you have held on to may finally have found its purpose.
Here Are Steps to Follow to Create a Fabric Envelope:
- Piece of fabric
- Waxed Paper
- Paper Envelope
- Paper Finish
- Fabric Gum
- Use a waxed paper to safeguard the surface of the fabric.
- Let the fabric get dried by hanging it out in the sun.
- Carefully tear open your envelope, place it on the fabric and draw out your pattern using a pencil
- Make use of an envelope as a template to cut out your fabric.
- Ensure you fold the fabric and crease with your hands using the paper envelope as a guide. Remove the paper envelope as soon as you are done.
- Cut a piece of the wax paper and place inside the envelope for protection
- Use a fabric gum, Uhu gum, for example, to glue all sides together. Let it get dry and pull out the waxed paper.
- You can sew in a button and loop to hold the items in your envelope in place.
- Your Fabric envelope is ready for use.
Feature Image: Lilly-Belle Makes The Internet